Educated members of TIN have proven to have a good grasp on the fundamentals of dueling, in addition to proving that they can somewhat effectively integrate these concepts into real duels.
Using any sort of unfair techniques such as abusing shadowswings, running away in duels or exploiting fast saber styles is not permitted, and will end in a disqualification from the trial if they are shown to be used excessively.
Explain and elaborate on the following concepts to your mentor.
- What is a perfect block counter(PBC)?
- What is shadow swinging, and why is it effective?
- What is the purpose of a halfswing, and why can it be effective?
- What is parrying, and how can it benefit you in a duel?
You will have 3 attempts for each step of the tests. Failing more than 3 times will disqualify you from promotion and put you on trial cooldown for 7 days.
- Perfect block 10/15 swings(Prediction based on movement).
- Perfect block 2/4 hits from 2x 2-hit combos.
- Perform 2/5 succesful manual-blocks being told the swing before-hand.
- Perform 2/4 perfect-block counters being told the swing before-hand.
- Peform a simple A+D parry 2/4 times.
- Swingblock a 3-hit combo 3 times in a row.
Duel against the appointed person chosen by your mentor - Either themselves or another person of the same skill level. They will assess your overall dueling ability, and can confirm that you possess the foundation and aptitude for the deserved rank.